Monday, February 23, 2009

First Post

Hello everyone!

Having been in academics for the past seven years, it has been a long time since I have learned a new programming language. Poking around the programming subreddit, I found that many there liked the Haskell language. It sounded quirky (and it uses monads!) so I figured I would try it out.

This blog is all about me going from not knowing a thing about Haskell to hopefully being able to understand some of the more advanced ideas of the language. I will be using the book Real World Haskell by Bryan O'Sullivan, Don Stewart and John Goerzen. Feel free to comment about the efficiency of the code I post; I would love the advice!

For the first few code samples, I will be working out problems from Project Euler, which is a good supply of mildly tricky to downright hard programming problems. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment